Chaos has it’s place, and that place is in your cybersecurity program. Chaos makes your program stronger, like an inoculation against improbability. So do these things to add chaos into your cybersecurity program:
- Your c-suite isn’t paying attention, so put whatever you want in your policies and procedures. Do you have a zombie defense plan? If not, now’s the time.
- Change is the best way to combat complacency. Enforce password changes by changing the required password length every few weeks.
- Introduce randomness in your crypto implementation by basing it on CEO policies.
- Always push to prod on Friday afternoon
- Remember that critical software runs fastest when dependencies are linked to your home directory